Friday, March 30, 2012

Healthy chromosomes!!

The final results are in and all 23 pairs of Baby Folden's chromosomes are healthy and normal!  Our relief is immense and our resolve even stronger - we will get through this challenge together as a family.  Now we can focus on the gastroschisis diagnosis and put all our effort into learning and preparing for what lies ahead.  We know there will be an extensive stay in the NICU once our baby is born, but this pales in comparison to what could have happened if there was a genetic abnormality found.  Surgery and recovery seem very minor in the big scheme of things.  I begin counting my blessings.  I am so thankful to be going through this experience with my best friend and partner who is my comic relief, my shoulder to cry on, and everything in between.  We will get through this together and have an even stronger bond for it.  I am a naturally positive, optimistic person.  It has been completely foreign to me to feel as depressed and hopeless as I have the last ten days.  It's time to brush myself off and get to work learning as much as I can to help the baby's prognosis.  Taking action is a very welcome thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment