Saturday, August 4, 2012

No more breathing tube and other great progress!

I apologize for not posting an update before now.  The time has flown by these last few days between visiting the NICU, pumping every three hours, and trying to find time to get some rest.  Joshua has made so much progress since Wednesday - we could not be happier with how well he is doing!  I was discharged from the hospital Friday afternoon (finally) and we made our way to Decatur after packing up stuff at home for our extended stay.  I was so anxious to get to Egleston to see Joshua!  Being able to see and and touch Joshua again was unbelievable!!  David said the swelling and redness around his tummy had improved quite a bit since the morning. Unfortunately, he still looked quite uncomfortable with the breathing tube in and he kept trying to pull at it with his little hands.  This morning David and I walked into the NICU to see Joshua with his eyes open and without his breathing tube in!  He looked like he felt so much better without that pesky breathing tube in. 

And then the best part about no breathing tube - Nurse Nancy told me I could hold him!!  I was giddy with excitement!  I held Joshua in my lap for over an hour and it was amazing.






Things just kept getting better today.  When we went to visit with Joshua this evening, I was able to change his diaper for the first time!  He is such an agreeable little baby, even with all the unpleasantness he's going through.  I can't wait to visit Joshua tomorrow and see what progress he's made!

2 comments:

  1. Kristi & David -
    This is just the best news ever! So happy to see you getting to hold and love on that gorgeous baby. I pray that everything continues on such an excellent track. Take care of yourselves & get some rest while you can. Life will never be the same now that Joshua has made his entrance into the world!
    Love & prayers -- Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm overwhelmed with happiness for you and your husband. My baby has been programmed for delivery on August 27th, I'm on my 34th week and althought Sophia (my little fighter) made the kick counts last night, she's not moving as she used to, we have a visit to the doctor today, and we'll see where it goes from there.
    The thing I wish and I pray the most for is for Sophia to be well, to recover fast and to hold her in my arms. I'm crying as I'm writing this, hope joshua gets better and I wish you guys the best!! :D

    ReplyDelete